The number one reason most people today do not believe in God is they feel that He is not relevant to their lives and that church is an outdated ritual. There are over 200,000 people living in Gaston County, with approximately half of those people not having a church home and not having a relationship with God.
So that leads to a more specific question: if there are hundreds of churches in Gaston County and still 100,000 people who don’t know Jesus, what needs to be done differently? We don’t need another church doing church the same way. We need a church with a message that never changes, yet that is willing to change the methods used so that people far from God will be attracted to Him.
Vision Church was launched in 2015 to reach the unchurched. Our mission has never wavered: we are here to lead people to Jesus Christ and help them live out God’s vision for their life.
Here is what you will find at Vision Church
- Teaching for all ages that is relevant, creative, strategic and very biblical.
- Music designed to take people into God’s presence and also create a place that an unchurched person can relate to, be interested in, and even want to come back to experience again.
- Community – opportunities for people to engage in relationships that matter.
- Creative environments designed for every stage of life in a family.
What We've Achieved over the last three years
- People coming to church for the first time and finding people that are welcoming, and teaching that is relevant & inspiring
- Adults coming back to church, after thinking they could never find a church to connect with again
- Teenagers connecting with each other, building relationships, learning about Jesus and actually enjoying church
- Children learning about God's love from the earliest age, in safe & creative environments
- Outreach to local groups like Gastonia Street Ministry, Terrace Ridge Assisted Living and Southwest Middle School
- National outreach to victims of natural disasters and to help other new church plants when they start.
- International outreach to Honduras, South America and special projects like Operation Christmas Child and Watoto Children's Choir
- Continual growth as a church, in terms of attendance, people in small groups and volunteers